Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog, a collection of articles and thoughts regarding my interests. I'm a married father of two that loves to write about gliding, hunting, fishing, camping and any outdoor passion. Oh yah, I'm a quadriplegic. I hope this is informative to some, entertaining to others, and interesting to all. Let me know what you think. If you'd like an article for your publication, I've got words I haven't even used yet!

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Fruitcake On The Radio



Most of you know that I have been a Parrot Head for a long time now. I got an email from Steve Huntinton  saying that I was selected to be the "Fruitcake On The Radio" on Radio Margaritaville. I have never been a DJ on a radio station before so this was going to be quite an experience! I found out they wanted four songs, and a little bit of a talk in between.

I have been listening to Buffett music since I was a teenager. I have never been very good at leading a serious lifestyle, and for some reason his music just clicked. Then I was involved in that awful car accident, and in the hospital I needed an escape from the reality of the situation. My friends rescued me with a couple of Sony Walkmans, a bunch of batteries, and my Buffett tapes.

I could close my eyes and escape that hospital nightmare, touring the tropical places in those songs. My attitude got back to normal, for me, and I have since been able to live a pretty darn good and fun life thanks to my wife, family, and friends. I'm still not very good at being responsible or serious, but I guess the rest of you will just have to put up with that.

I put together a little slideshow to go with the recording of my two seconds in the limelight of being a DJ, although I did shorten the songs so it wouldn't be quite so long!

No sense in being too serious, we don't want to get to the end of the day and have to leave the park with a bunch of fun tickets in our pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment